If you’re thinking about replacing your electric water heater, you might want to consider a natural gas tankless water heater. Why? These units are 30-40 percent more energy efficient than standard tank-type water heaters, saving money on your energy bill while providing you with a virtually endless supply of hot water.
There are a number of benefits to having a tankless natural gas water heater:
- Natural gas is clean burning. And, natural gas rates are currently at a five-year low!
- Tankless water heaters are energy efficient because they only heat water when you need it, rather than storing the water in a tank and keeping it heated around the clock.
- They take up less space and can be located either indoors or out.
- The life expectancy is almost double that of electric water heaters. Natural gas tankless models can last up to 20 years, and if there’s a product failure, you replace the broken part, not the whole system.
While your exact savings will depend on the number of people living in your household, ENERGY STAR® estimates that converting to an ENERGY STAR®-qualified natural gas tankless water heater can cut your annual water heating costs up to 30 percent. Natural gas tankless water heaters also qualify for energy-efficiency tax credits.
In addition, SCE&G customers with access to natural gas may qualify for a $300 credit on their gas bill* when converting from an electric water heater to a natural gas one.
For more details, give us a call at 1-866-523-8242 or visit www.sceg.com/value.
* Certain restrictions apply. These offers may expire.